Dear all,

I have a linear system constructed from discretizing a Neumann boundary value
problem, and I want to solve it with a direct solver (to build up my own
preconditioner). Usually, KSP returns a good solution without '-inf', while
sometimes it fails. I referred to the corresponding chapter in the manual and
found options '-pc_factor_shift_type' and '-pc_factor_shift_amount'. Could I
use those options in my codes rather than runtime? Moreover, In my case, the
program did not throw an error or warning due to '-inf' in the solution, I also
wondered how to check the solution is 'good'?

Thanks,
Changqing