There was a bug in my fix for parallel which I have fixed. You will need to

   git fetch
   git checkout main
   git branch -D barry/2024-05-27/fix-bug-baij-setvaluesblocked/release
   git checkout barry/2024-05-27/fix-bug-baij-setvaluesblocked/release

    I get the same results with your example with 1,2, and 3 ranks