From: petsc-users <petsc-users-boun...@mcs.anl.gov> on behalf of Frank Bramkamp
<bramk...@nsc.liu.se>
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2024 9:23 AM
To: petsc-users <petsc-users@mcs.anl.gov>
Subject: [petsc-users] Question on MatMatmult

Dear PETSc Team, I would like to make a matrix-matrix product of two matrices.
I try to use CALL
MatMatMult(Mat_A,MAT_B,MAT_INITIAL_MATRIX,PETSC_DEFAULT_REAL,MAT_AB,IERROR). //
calling from fortran When I try to use this function I get the
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Dear PETSc Team,

I would like to make a matrix-matrix product of two matrices.

I try to use
 CALL
MatMatMult(Mat_A,MAT_B,MAT_INITIAL_MATRIX,PETSC_DEFAULT_REAL,MAT_AB,IERROR). //
calling from fortran

When I try to use this function I get the following error message:

"Unspecified symbolic phase for product AB with A seqbaij, B seqbaij. The
product is not supported”

I am using the seqbaij matrix format. Is MatMatMult and MatProductSymbolic
only defined for the standard point-wise matrix format but not for a blocked
format ?!

In the documentation, I could not see a hint on supported matrix formats or any
limitations.
The examples also just use a point-wise format (AIJ), as I can see so far.

Greetings, Frank Bramkamp