Hello,

I am using SLEPc to calculate eigenvalues for fluid dynamics stability
analysis (specifically studying bifurcations). We employ a
MatShellOperation, which involves propagating Navier-Stokes to construct
the Krylov space, and this particularly slows down our algorithm. The
problem I am facing is that, after days of simulations, the simulation may
die due to a time limit on the cluster, but the eigensolver (I am using the
default Krylov-Schur) has not converged yet, leading to the loss of all the
information computed up to that point. I wanted to inquire if it is
possible to implement, with the available features, a restarting strategy,
which can allow me, once the simulation stops (or after a given number of
restart iterations of the solver), to save all the information necessary to
restart the EPSSolver from the point it had stopped.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards, Marildo Kola