I have been in touch with Willem and should have the congestion counters
added to symon today or at worst over the weekend (it being Friday
afternoon here).

Any other pf counters people want while I'm about it?

I have raised the net.inet.ip.ifq.maxlen to 1024 (the box has 4 active
interfaces).  The drop counter has not changed since then.

I have also been watching the actual counters given by pfctl -si rather
than the rates which remain stubbornly constant no matter what I do.  So
even though we now have

$ sudo pfctl -si | grep congestion
  congestion                       3164004            0.6/s

the congestion counter was 3164004 when I looked first thing this
morning (about 5 hours ago).  Something would appear to be amiss with
the rate calculations!  I note that of the other rates the only ones
that change are the  state counters and the matches counter.   I am
wondering if the rate gets updated only if the counter actually changes.

Has anyone else noticed this.  (i'm on 4.0 at the moment)

Hopefully my CDs will turn up over the weekend -- we have some hired
help with OBSD experience coming in next week so with a bit of luck by
this time next week I'll be able to report that 4.2 has solved all our
woes ;)  But I'm not holding my breath /me of little faith :)

Thanks to all who have assisted this week!

Russell