we may be in a position to do a trial in a week or so (when semester
ends the CR folk will be much less twitchy about us failing over between
the firewalls).  We are currently running on 4.0 I have just got some
new hardware (four dual core boxes that are unemployed for the moment)
that we can configure up with OBSD 4.2 & FreeBSD 7. and see how they
perform on a real network (normal traffic between 80 - 100 Mbps).

Russell