Yes Karl, you've the reason.

I've searched in the archives of the present list and I've found a lot of useful info about the initial question.

At present moment I consider the next tips:

    * sk(4)-based NICs have the best performance
* one dedicated data-bus per NIC (I think a PCI-E x8/x16 will be enough in my environment) * OpenBSD 4.2 PF's (it seems the performance has been improved until 50%!!! in relation to previous releases)

So, now I've one additional question

¿Can the hard-disk performance to mean a bootle-neck in the PF-based FW box? I understand the major part of PF operations are made in RAM memory, but maybe I'm not right.