On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 12:51:17PM +0200, Loic Cuguen wrote:

> Is there any pf roadmap that we could discuss in term of features,
> implementation and design ?

There's no official roadmap, at least not one I'm aware of. The initial
development was driven by missing features that developers themselves
needed, then features were added that were requested and seemed useful
to a majority of users. Lately, we're getting more conservative with
regards to feature additions, some think we've already bloated the
filter in some areas.

It's more like a tree whose branches grow in different directions,
sometimes there's a small or larger growth in one direction, sometimes
additions are cut because they make look like uncontrolled growth :)

There are certainly some larger goals that have not been achieved yet,
like redundancy/failover, load balancing, proxies for further protocols,
altq integration, etc.

If you want to contribute, you're welcome to start collecting things
that people are still missing, weed out what is unrealistic (or just
plain refused for some more or less rational reason), and order them
according to difficulty or priority.

In general, if I have a clear picture of what I want to add and how I'm
going to do it (which is my definition of roadmap), I go and implement
it, and my stack of such plans is not very high right now.

Daniel