Hi, I'm in the process of switching out my companies
current firewall to an OpenBSD firewall. ( i'm extremely
new to BSD) I'd like to be able to use some of the
functionality offered in the newer (current? ) version of
pf, like : variable expansion. i.e.
WebHosts= { $Server1, $Server2, $Server3}.
Also, i've read about the 'include' directive, which allows
the configuration file to import other files. What i'm going to
try to do is have one file which is a collection of variables be
referenced by both my nat.conf and pf.conf.

My question is : 1) which version of pf has these abilities, and
2) how do i get from where i am now (openbsd 3.1 default install)
to having the version of pf i need.

what is the best way to upgrade? i've read about the
packages / ports, and i cant make heads or tails of it.

Any direction is greatly appreciated.
Joe Comeaux
Hospitality Enterprises

p.s.  I've found this archive to be most helpful already,
in my quest to upgrade my firewall, and i'd like to say
'thanks' to everyone on the list.