FWIW, with ipv6, this is what I do:

int="xl0"
ext="{ xl1, gif0 }"

# block and log everything from the outside by default
block              out       log on $ext           all
block              in        log on $ext           all
block return-rst   out       log on $ext proto tcp all
block return-rst   in        log on $ext proto tcp all
block return-icmp  out       log on $ext proto udp all
block return-icmp  in        log on $ext proto udp all

# be picky about inside inet6 stuff, since this is world reachable
block              out log on $int inet6           all
block              in  log on $int inet6           all
block return-rst   out log on $int inet6 proto tcp all
block return-rst   in  log on $int inet6 proto tcp all
#block return-icmp6(port-unr)   in  log on $int inet6 proto tcp all
block return-icmp6 out log on $int inet6 proto udp all
block return-icmp6 in  log on $int inet6 proto udp all

... and of course rules to allow 'allowed' services inside.
--
Todd Fries .. [EMAIL PROTECTED]

(last updated $ToddFries: signature.p,v 1.2 2002/03/19 15:10:18 todd Exp $)

Penned by Daniel Hartmeier on Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 02:22:48PM +0100, we have: