Hello, everybody!

I wonder if I can make ftp-proxy(8) transparent for my internal clients.

I have a SQUID proxy inside my network and I want it to make active
FTP-connections to the world (instead of, default, passive). And SQUID
refuses to accept the data connection from the ftp-proxy process, stating
that the connection comes from an unexpected address (from the proxying
machine, but not the target server). And it's not without reason, IMHO.

Every other FTP client I've tried works, provided that they ignore the above
simple fact.

Is my wish legal?  I just wish to be able to connect to more FTP servers
from my SQUID proxy, knowing that it's much much more simple for server
administrators to setup active mode FTP services.

Respect, Michael.