On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 07:05:40PM +0100, Wouter Clarie wrote:

> That should be more flexible eh? I'll see if i can cook up a diff for
> that tonight.

Yes, it's rather simple to add support for either 'inf' or 'unlimited'
to the parser (it just has to translate to UINT_MAX).

But it really makes no difference whether you set the limit to a high
number or unlimited. In fact, it makes little sense to leave the limits
unlimited, as the kernel will actually crash when memory is exhausted.
So you really want to set a low enough limit in any case, and not leave
settings unlimited. We already discussed setting the state limit to 5000
by default. You can increase it depending on your memory, but it's
rather pointless setting it (back) to unlimited.

Daniel