For the life of me I couldn't figure out why my logs were filling so fast
and yet there were only a few packets actually in them.  When I listened
to pflog0 I found 1000s of dhcp server broadcasts that were being blocked
as par my ruleset (block that which I didn't request.)
I analyze my logs by the following:
tcpdump -ttt -n -e -r /var/log/pflog

Yet the dhcp from port 67 to port 68 messages don't appear in my tcpdump
of the log.  The rule I ended up adding to stop the blocking of the
packets is the following:
pass in quick on xl0 proto udp from 10.33.160.1 port 67 to any port 68

But for some reason the tcpdump doesn't show the packets in /var/log/pflog

Is this a bug or am I confused or doing something improperly?

-quel