On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Philipp Buehler - sysfive.com GmbH wrote:

>Well, it doesnt work out logically. { N, .. , M } expands
>to NxM rules, if you negate it, this will always be true in
>one way or the other.

you're forgetting that the addys can have different address families.
ie host = "{ v4_ip, v6_ip }", and without inet/inet6 in a rule, this
expands to an inet and an inet6 rule.
wouldn't !{..} make sense in this context? perhaps a limited version that
only allows a single v4 and a single v6 ip or block.

>pfctl doesnt start to think for you. :)

apparently it does, since it wouldn't let me do this when i tried it, but
i didn't want to bitch about something i could fix with one extra macro.