On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 02:51:31PM +0100, Jedi/Sector One wrote:

>   Would it have an impact on PF's performance when that feature would be
> disabled?

There are ways to do this in kernel, affecting performance only when the
feature is actually used (and only per connection, not per packet).

We're preparing 3.3-release now, and the primary focus is on testing
snapshots and fixing problems in there, when they are reported. The
release might actually come a little earlier this time, so don't count
on having several weeks left for testing.

If you have some spare time, please invest it in testing the snapshot
for your architecture, and let's postpone discussion of new features
to after the release. I can't work on new features before I'm perfectly
sure we tested 3.3 as much as possible. There are no pending bug
reports, and everything looks very well, which means you can try a
snapshot on a production box (which is what I'm doing), which gives the
most valuable feedback.

Daniel