I use pppoe to connect to my DSL service provider. I call ppp from rc.local so my 'net connection is established after pf has been started.

The problem is that I use (tun0) in my pf.conf as my external address, but when pf loads pf.conf it spews some errors about tun0 not having any address associated with it. Therefore, I have to reload my ruleset in /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup.

That's not a problem; I'm just wondering if there is a better way to give tun0 a dummy address initially to appease pf and so that I don't have to reload my ruleset immediately (using (tun0) will automagically update my external addr, right?).

Is a really stupid question?

-Kent
--
Kent R. Spillner