edo> (...) it seems if I create a rule to let a specific packet through
edo> the firewall then snort see's it if I block it. Then it never gets
edo> logged by snort. So I am totally confused and pulling out my hair.
edo> I have posted my snort configs to the snort list and no one see's
edo> anything wrong with it.

Are you sure that you snort on the right (=correct) side of your
firewall. i.e. does the traffic you block arrive at the interface you
are snorting on? On a plain two legged router you can snort on if0 all
traffic that comes from the network connected to if0 and on if1 you can
snort all traffic that comes from the network that is connected to if1!

If you have your LAN on if0 and "the internet" on if1 you can see all
traffic originating *from* the internet on if1 (regardless your pf
rules) and all traffic *from* the LAN on if0. Obviously a packet from
your LAN blocked by pf won't show up on if1!!! (and the other way round)

--
Best regards,
 Max                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]