I setup a NAT firewall that happens to have 2 machines behind it with
public services (smtp and dns). My problem is that when I do a DNS query
to my email server behind the NAT I'm unable to connect. I can connect to
the private IP direct which leads me to believe that it's firewall. I know
that I'll be using the external IP from the DNS query but what should the
rule look like to redirect queries to my external IP from my LAN ? My
firewall experience is in transparent bridges so this is all new to me ;)
Thanks in advance for any feedback.