Hi,

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Ray wrote:

> Is it possible to log the OS of a passed/blocked packet, instead
> of just using the OS for filtering?  I am trying to do an analysis
> of what OSes are typically used for, say, spamming.

You can use 'label' on your 'pass in' rule for SMTP with OS
fingerprinting. But unfortunately, there is no '$os' macro to use with
label.

Then, you must split your SMTP rule in N rules for each OS with associated
label. One rule for each OS you want to trace.

ex : pass in log on $EXT inet proto tcp port = smtp os Windows keep
state label Windows

A++ Foxy

--
Laurent Cheylus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> OpenPGP ID 0x5B766EC2