Hi,

I'm new to the list, and fairly new to OpenBSD (installed maybe 6 months ago).
Anyway, I have a question.  Is there anywhere to get PF to stop arp requests
from passing through it?  The problem I'm having is dhcp requests from
Windows XP are squeezing by.  dhclient on Linux seems to not work (which is
good).

Here's my setup:

I have two interfaces, rl0 and rl1.  rl1 is my wireless.  rl0 is my internal.
I have dhcpd listening on both interfaces.  My test pf rules are:

block in all
block out all

So nothing should get in or out.  period.  right?  Well, when I do an
ipconfig /renew on Windows XP (wireless), it gets an IP address from dhcpd!
And I know it came from my sever because looking at /var/log/daemon confims
it (plus it's the only one the network).  Is this the expected behavior? Or
am I missing something here?

I did a tcpdump on rl1, and it was just a bunch of mac addresses talking back
and forth.

So, my quetsion is, is there a way to block these requests too?  I know that I
can just tighten dhcpd, but my concern is anything else that I'm missing will
also get in.

What am I missing here.  Thanks in advance,

Jason