Hi All,
        I am getting errors from a rule I copied from the ftp-proxy manpage to
handle data connections:

pass in quick on $ext_if inet proto tcp from any to $ext_if user proxy \
        keep state

the error I get is: "rule expands to no valid combination".

I am unsure what this actually means.  $ext_if is defined and used in
many other rules.  User proxy is defined.

I am a little puzzled as to exactly how this rule works particularly
since $ext_if occurs on both sides of the rule.

The box is currently configured as a bridge and I suspect that this may
be the problem -- I'm aware that proxies break the bridge model.

Cheers and thanks, Russell.

--
Russell Fulton                                    /~\  The ASCII
Network Security Officer                          \ /  Ribbon Campaign