Hi Justin.

Ok I top post as well.....

Shut down my primary fw yesterday due to this problem. Today I did the
following:
1. Did a pfctl -x misc in the secondary fw2 that we are runing on right now.
2. Started up the primary fw1 again
3. on the console on fw1 I did a pfctl -x misc
4. tried to log in to fw 1 with ssh from the lan (directly connected
192.168.8.153 to 192.168.8.2). It hanged my session. I copied
the /var/logmessages file and shut the fw1 down again.

As you can see in the following files the fw1 is yelling of bad state and my
sessions hang.
http://www.incedo.org/~sjoholmp/pf/messages-fw1-pfctl-xm
http://www.incedo.org/~sjoholmp/pf/messages-fw2-pfctl-xm

As said in the conversation below it had worked for days before this happened.
An ssh login to the secondary fw always work regardless of the master is up
or not.... And the only solution I can come up with is to remove the "flags
S/SA" from all tcp rules or run only one of the firewalls....

system bug ? I wild guess is pfsync....

Help appreciated

Regards
/Per-Olov
--
GPG keyID: 4DB283CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE