Bob wrote:

In my ruleset, I've only defined a table for a huge list of IP addresses belonging to adservers. I've no doubt that a table will perform better than a list in this case.

But when does a table begin to outperform a list? I imagine a list is quicker when the list contains two or three items, but at what point would it be more efficient to put the items into a table?

Anyone know?

That's hard to say, because the time to check a few addresses is really
lost in the noise, so it is really difficult to know where is the exact point
where table begin to outperform a list. Ryan McBride tested that long
ago, and if I remember correctly, tables were more efficient after
something like 10 or 20 addresses.
Cedric