Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up a group of load balanced servers, and
I've come across something (I think) is a bit unusal with macros and
tables and load balancing.

I use tables fairly extensively in our two 3.6-stable OBSD pf/CARP
firewalls, and I'd like to use them in configuring our load balanced
server groups in pf.

It seems that this works:

rdr on $ext proto tcp from any          to $web_servers_ext port 80     -> \
        <web_servers_int> round-robin sticky-address

yet this does not:
rdr on $ext proto tcp from any          to <web_servers_ext> port 80     -> \
        <web_servers_int> round-robin sticky-address

Is this working as advertised or am I missing something?

FWIW: I noticed this is the only place in the ruleset I would like to
use multiple tables (vs macros) in one rule, so I'm wonding if this is
a "one-table-per-customer" issue or if this is something particular to
load balancing.

As it's *so* easy to add / delete servers from the load balanced
server group when IPs are  all you see when you open that particular
table, having use of two tables in one rule would be particularly
nifty.

As always, thanks.
Kevin

--