eric wrote:
On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 22:05:33 -0700, craSH proclaimed...

tcpdump is pretty much just for inspecting the headers of packets, to
capture data and entire sessions, snort would be a good tool to use.

Wow, quit spreading bad information.

tcpdump(8) is to capture packets, in full or part. Those captures can then
be dissected with tools. The original poster may want to look at tcpshow or
ngrep.

Wow.  Thanks.  tcpshow is exactly what I was looking for.

I just compiled it and used it to read one of the emails I just sent.
 I feel so naked and vulnerable now!  Holy crap!  I need to install
PHP ...RFN!!!

rvb