On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 07:08:44AM -0700, Joe Advisor wrote:

> so all of the clients
> are basically matching to the external public IP... so
> basically I can't individually control the upload
> bandwidth.

  for this, i use tags.  tags aren't bound to an iface, so if you
  tag from the clients uniquely, and do not overwrite
  that tag on any further tag rules, you can

pass out on $e all tagged client1 keep state queue client1
pass out on $e all tagged client2 keep state queue client2
pass out on $e all tagged client3 keep state queue client3

  the initial tagging could be done like:

pass in on $i from $client1 to any tag client1 keep state
pass in on $i from $client2 to any tag client2 keep state
pass in on $i from $client3 to any tag client3 keep state

  or

nat on $e from $client1 to any tag client1 -> $e
nat on $e from $client2 to any tag client2 -> $e
nat on $e from $client3 to any tag client3 -> $e

  depending on what seems most appropriate to you.

  i find it makes my life easier to be picky about how
  something actually acquires tag X and then to just
  'pass all tagged X', rather than tagging loosely and
  then specifying many particulars on the pass rules,
  but this is probably just a matter of individual taste.

--

  jared

[ openbsd 3.8 GENERIC ( oct 15 ) // i386 ]