Hiya,

DFD is the moniker I made up to describe a program that manages your
firewall rules, allowing changes to be made in them with more ease and
less chance of error than editing a text file.

dfd_keeper is the python/pf implementation that provides a
command-line style interface to your firewall rules accessible via
netcat or telnet.

I've added persistence to dfd_keeper.  This means that changes to your
firewall rules persist across reboots.  The keeper_example.py script
shows how to use
the persistence and should be your guide to using dfd_keeper.  It implements
a common firewall setup -- NAT, blocking inbound connections, etc.
Persistence was a bit trickier than I expected since I did not
consider the effects of immutability on persistence.

The supported commands include a command to block a foreign host from
communicating with your LAN, a toggle for all WAN connectivity, and
the standard helper commands; online help, showing the current
ruleset, manually syncing the ruleset with the firewall, and manually
flushing a state table entry corresponding to an IP (or IP pair, or
all entries).

Homepage:
http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/dfd/dfd_keeper/

As usual, I look forward to any comments or suggestions.
--
http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/  -><- P=NP if (P=0 or N=1)
"My love for mathematics is like 1/x as x approaches 0."