top post... ok

I *think* I have tracked it down...

I had dmz4-dmz6 100% configured but no cables connected to the switch. The
carp interfaces for them were in "init" state as they could not talk to each
other. Although it all seemed to work as it should for all other interfaces.
This means all carp masters on the primary server and all carp backups on the
secondary server.

But during a reboot of any of the firewalls or sometimes in random one carp
could change to backup and the other to master. But not on all interfaces! I
do not understand why not all networks with carp were infected. Strange....
But as soon as did a "ifconfig carpNN destroy" on both servers for the not
connected interfaces the faulty carp flipped back.

So it seems everything have to be connected for 100% correct function. I would
very much appreciate if somebody could tell me why not all carp interfaces
flipped over?

Thanks
Per-Olov
--
GPG keyID: 4DB283CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE