On 5/1/06, Can Erkin Acar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 08:22:51AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I don't think time spent developing PF or ALTQ could be better spent
> developing something other than download queueing. Everyone here seems
> to agree it's PF's worst deficiency.

I don't know about "worst deficiency", but it sounds like it could be useful.

This might surprise you but OpenBSD does not run on requests, or polls
or democracy. If a developer feels that such a feature is intresting/important
and have resources to spare, than the feature will be implemented.

Well that's a way of looking at it.  Alternately, some coders may wake
up one day and wonder what they should code.  Maybe all their itches
are being scratched, but they still want to code something.  Maybe
they don't know which direction will be of the most benefit to the
community at large.  I know I personally have gotten (and implemented)
ideas from others.

For example, just today I pushed out a new distribution of
pf_dns_lookup.  This program will resolve a set of IPs or hosts, and
either print them out (to be redirected to a file) or stuff them into
a table.  This is to follow the IPs of DDNS clients.  I got the idea
from a discussion about how to handle dynamic DNS on this very list.
--
"Curiousity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" -- Steven Wright
Security Guru for Hire http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/ -><-