phil wrote:
First thing, in your reply you said to do:
rdr on $ext_if inet proto tcp from <spamd> to $ext_ip port smtp -> 127.0.0.1
port spamd

But I don't have ext_ip defined, only ext_if I changed it to that -- is that a
problem on my end, or a mistype on yours?

I have defined ext_if and ext_ip as macros in my pf.conf. There is also a way to automatically retrieve the assigned IP and/or network address of an interface, but I like to use $ext_if and $ext_ip... that's just a matter of taste.

I do not understand the rest of your reply and, sadly, I haven't got time at the moment to scrutinize it. Sorry.

Good luck with it.

--Martin