On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 09:29:34PM +0100, Stanislaw Halik wrote:
> You don't need to think much.
>
>      trap [action signal ...]
>             Cause the shell to parse and execute action when any of the
>             specified signals are received.

That has been suggested a couple of times but it doesn't work.

Yes, it will keep the script from exiting.  However, the script's
parent shell exits, so it gets inherited by init.  Also, the script
will not have a controlling tty.  When you log in again, you don't
have a way to re-attach to it, or to adopt it.

I will probably do something involving "screen", or seperate the
two halves of the procedure.
--
"Cryptography is nothing more than a mathematical framework for
discussing various paranoid delusions." -- Don Alvarez