On 11:02, Tue 02 Oct 07, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to simulate some max bandwidth on an interface of a test box, e.g.
> 34MBit, 155MBit, ... to make some tests. The test box has some gigabit
> interfaces installed.
>
> I read in the pf.conf manual that I can define a maximum bandwidth for an
> interface, instead of taking the bandwidth from the interface itself. I just
> have to enable queueing, like this:
>
> altq on dc0 cbq bandwidth 5Mb queue { my_test_queue }
>
> just my question is, will pf honour the limit of 5Mb on that interface,
> regardless how much faster it could be? Or will it try to be "intelligent"
> and use all available bandwidth?

If you apply the my_test_queue to your rules it will stick
to the 5Mbit:
pass out on $test_if proto tcp from any to any port
$test_port queue my_test_queue

Keep in mind shaping only works for outbound packets. if you
want incoming to be shaped as well let all traffic go
through the machine and queue on both interfaces.

--

Michiel van Baak
[EMAIL PROTECTED]