Hello,

Sent to misc about a week ago with no response, maybe this is the better
place for such a query.

I'm trying to use a large table stored in a file with pf on -current but
on system reboot pf chokes with Cannot Allocate Memory. However, once
the system is running (and unfortunately for some reason I cannot ssh
in when this happens so I have to be in front of it) I can load the
table manually: "pfctl -t pspblock -T add -f /etc/pspblockfile", and it
also works if I first do "pfctl -O -f /etc/pf.conf" followed
by "pfctl -f /etc/conf". The table has roughly 220000 addresses and
I've upped table-entries hard limit to 500000. Almost seems that pf is
trying to load the table before changing the hard limit, but I have
seen, on occasion "pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf" fail (cannot allocate memory)
after it has already successfully executed.

There is fail logged in pfrkentry:
pfrkentry    156  1099388    1   874541 17296     0 17296 17296     0
19231 8648

System arch is i386 now with 384MB memory. Had 128MB when I posted
previously on misc, adding more did not solve the problem.

Thanks for any assistance.
--
Chris