Hi there,
I'm looking to make use ALTQ queues to reduce the impact of
persistent offenders running P2P software, virus infested
machines running network scans or other misuse by throttling
back their connection.

The plan is to have two queues, a default one and a restricted
one that is only assigned 5% of the bandwidth.  I also intend to
use the overload functions to add addresses to a table based on
connection rate since most malware and P2P don't use
identifiable ports or rules.

My question is this:
Can I use a generic pass rule at the top of the configuration to
assign the table to the restricted queue and then later use
pass/block quick rules to control access as normal, or will the
later pass/block quick rules push the traffic back into the
default queue?

Steve.