Still learning....

I am trying to set up a box with two interfaces. I DO NOT want to route
traffic through it.

It is at a site where there are two connections to the net and I want
the testbox to have an address on each of the LANs which are attached
to the routers for those two connections.

There is no NAT involved and all addresses are global so let's pretend
that one of the LANs is 192.168.0.0/24 and the other is 172.16.0.0/24
with the routers having .1 on its LAN and testbox is to be .254 on each
LAN.

I should be able to ssh into testbox using each of those two addresses
and still be able to "see" the other router even if its connection to
the internet is down.

I figure that reply-to is going to be involved but I have not managed
to make it do my bidding. Can it work? What's the magic line?

TIA,
Rod/

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is
tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to
reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
/earth: write failed, file system is full
cp: /earth/creatures: No space left on device