* Nerius Landys <lan...@nerius.com> [2010-10-26 01:30]:
> I'm using synproxy to limit the number simultaneous TCP
> connection to a certain application

no, you are not. synproxy has NOTHING to do with limiting the # of
connections. that is a generic function of the state keeping code.

> During the time when a large download is happening using wget, the
> pf state table will have "ESTABLISHED:ESTABLISHED".  If wget was in the
> process of performing a large download and I hit Ctrl+C (or kill it),
> the state table will have "TIME_WAIT:TIME_WAIT".  If wget successfully
> finishes downloading something, I will see "FIN_WAIT_2:FIN_WAIT_2" in
> the state table.

welcome to tcp

> If there is a way to not count the "FIN_WAIT_2:FIN_WAIT_2"
> towards my max-src-conn, please do tell!

no, and that would be counterproductive. I'm sure you'll see for
yourself why if you think about it for a second.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de