On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 4:14 PM, Mike Surcouf <mi...@surcouf.co.uk> wrote:

> > Try pressing Ctrl 0 (Control zero)
>

> Yes that did it.
>
> I also needed to reset layout for it to stick.

OK, good.

> Start-up time still 25 secs to dash board so still slow for me (sorry but
> it’s a fact).
>
> For comparison Server install start up is 5 seconds to dash board.

Hmm, that is still slow. I get about 11 seconds on Windows 10, running on
VMware on my MacBook Pro. Any AV software etc. that may be slowing things?

> 1.       Does the desktop support GSSAPI.  It doesn’t seem to work for me
> (I get error FATAL: GSSAPI authentication failed for user "postgres").
> Server
> install works fine.

No - PostgreSQL builds on Windows dropped GSSAPI in favour of SSPI some
years ago. That functionality is provided by the underlying libpq, not
pgAdmin - though pgAdmin 1.6 does allow you to specify the host address as
well as hostname/address which many people need with Kerberos for example.

> 2.       Did you webpack all the things for 1.6?

No, unfortunately the patch wasn't ready. I have a WIP version, and it's
looking good; Neel reported the following using the runtime you have:

*Before Webpack patch:-*

It took ~20 seconds. This 20 seconds includes when user double click on
application ( timing of python server start + page load )

*After Webpack patch:-*

It took ~13 seconds ( timing of python server start + page load ).

We got ~7 seconds improvement with webpack on same machine & same Qt
configuration and this will be useful in windows performance issue as well
:)

 I expect this to be in 1.7, which we'll aim to get out fairly quickly
(vacations allowing)

> 3.       Will there be a web install package.

There is a source tarball and Python wheel available at
http://developer.pgadmin.org/~dpage/1.6/

 Thanks!