Hi

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala <
murtuza.zabuaw...@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> hiHi,
>
> PFA patch to add functionality which will allow super user to cancel long
> running queries from dashboard.
> RM#1812
>
> *Steps used to test:*
> 1) Open psql session, Connect to 'test' database on respective server
> 2) Execute "select pg_sleep(1000);"
> 3) Open pgAdmin4
> 4) Connect to respective server
> 5) Click on Dashboard
> 6) Check "Sessions" tab under "Server activity" section then look for
> active sessions for test database.
> 7) Click on cancel button and cancel the active session
> 8) Check psql session now, you will see "ERROR:  canceling statement due
> to user request"
>
> Some comments:

- The action here is to cancel the active query in the backend, not the
session - so messages etc. should say things like "Cancel Active Query?"

- The grid should refresh following the cancel operation.

- Can you fix the vertical alignment while you're working on this? The new
button really makes the poor alignment stand out.

- This should not be superuser only - regular users should be able to
cancel their own queries.

- On PG10, background workers are also shown in the dashboard. Should we
prevent attempts to cancel their work (they'll fail anyway I believe).

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com