From: "Andreas Pflug" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Serguei A. Mokhov wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I think I have a similar issue... A pgAdmin III user contacted me with the
> >question why they can't see the data in Russian and how to to solve the
> >problem. I queried them for more information. I think their data must be
> >encoded in some other encoding (e.g. KOI8-R) and when it gets to the
> >client side, it's not converted.
> >

> This is correctly diagnosed, non-ascii data in a SQL_ASCII encoded
> database will not be shown because the server doesn't know how to encode
> it in Unicode.
>
> This is fixed for HEAD and BRANCH.

No.
Server encoding as below.
-- SQL_ASCII --> UNICODE
CREATE DEFAULT CONVERSION pg_catalog.ascii_to_utf_8 FOR 'SQL_ASCII' TO 'UNICODE' FROM
ascii_to_utf8;
-- UNICODE --> SQL_ASCII
CREATE DEFAULT CONVERSION pg_catalog.utf_8_to_ascii FOR 'UNICODE' TO 'SQL_ASCII' FROM
utf8_to_ascii;

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

      joining column's datatypes do not match