Raphaėl Enrici wrote:
Dave Page wrote:
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Dave, Florian,

I just took a quick look to the patch provided by Florian. I didn't try the build yet and I may be wrong, but to me it does not handle the "DESTDIR" problem and refers to PREFIX, not DESTDIR.
However, I'll try that tonight. Florian, can you confirm you were referring to DESTDIR and not PREFIX ?
Is there some magic that make PREFIX take DESTDIR as a parameter ?

Gmake/automake/autoconf is all black magic for me, hence why I'd rather tackle one problem on on OS (that I don't have) at a time :-)

So, let's continue the twist :)

attached is the patch that works for me and keeps what was added by
Florian. As I understand it, $(PREFIX) is the equivalent to "my"
$(DESTDIR). Is it specific to Mac OS X ? If not and if it can be
replaced by DESTDIR, I'd suggest removing "$(PREFIX)" ref from Makefile.am.

Florian, what do you think about it?

Dave, please apply Rapahels correction of my patch - I was just being brain-dead ;-)

I meant to write "$(DESTDIR)" - but somehow I ended up typing "$(PREFIX)", and didn't notice because $(PREFIX) is undefined,
and this empty.

Sorry for the confusion

greetings, Florian Pflug

http://archives.postgresql.org