Dave Page wrote:

1.5 *does* delete the values, but wx will read a non-existent value
as empty and recreate it.

Because the count value still read 12 or whatever I guess.
Yup.

Do we still need the count in the new scheme? Can't we just iterate
through all the subkeys?

We'd have to delete entries if servers are removed from the tree. I can
remember incidents where count was corrupted (for whatever reason) and
no servers where displayed, but the registry was still there so it was
sufficient to increase the count.

Any suggestions? We could copy them over, if newer don't exist, and
leave the old ones. But this would leave quite some (pre-1.5)
garbage.

I'm not convinced it was actually worth the change - it's not like it
was something that the user needed to hack normally, or would cause performance issues.

If you add a schema restriction you'll understand why I did this. Alternatively, we could try to convince Tom to extend pg_database and pg_schema :-)

Regards,
Andreas