Magnus Hagander wrote:

As for the libxml2/msxml - I think going with *just* libxml2 is the way
to go. The APIs are so completely different that it would be two
completely different implementations. And AFAIK, there are no problems
with libxml on Win32 in general.
except for libxml2 not being there by default.

So yeah, that can definitly be done without an unreasonable amount of
work. If that means that the feature will "live", I'm fine with looking
at that. But I'd like to know that first. (Implementation details aside
of course, there can still be more of those to fix - the feature in
principle, and the general idea of storing the data in a file in the
users homedir etc)
I don't like storing more stuff in files, and in homedir even less. I even don't like registry/.pgadmin3 (not completely replacable), and would like some network (db) based solution to copy server connect strings from.

Regards,
Andreas

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend