From: Calle Hedberg [mailto:calle.hedb...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 6:52 AM
To: pgadmin-support@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Problems connecting to remote database with recent pgAdmin versions

Hi,

I've been experiencing problems viewing tables and running scripts on a remote
database (accessed using pgremote) with version 3.4 and 3.5 - I never had
similar problems with earlier versions on the same remote server database. When
e.g. selecting "view/edit last 100 records" for a table, or when opening a
query tool window, I get a small red "disconnect" symbol but no error message
of any kind.

It is erratic, though - in periods everything works fine, then it starts
failing again. During failure periods, I've also noticed that retrieving
meta-data (properties, SQL) is very sluggish (but usually working, so the db IS
connected)

I suspect this is related to some change in a timeout configuration, but I
don't know which and/or whether this behaviour need to be addressed through a
pgadmin configuration setting or a configuration setting on the server side
(the latter has not changed, but I obviously cannot rule out that there are
changes in overall internet connectivity speed/bandwidth)

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Regards
Calle

What is “pgremote”?