On 01/18/11 18:02, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
If you still have an error in spite of disabling replicate_select,
please let me know details (pgpool.conf, pgpool-II version).
I think the problem is with the function with insert/update sqls in
it, if the replicate_select is off and I use 'select func_xxx()', then
it will only execute on the primary server, in this case, the
insert/update won't be performed on the secondary server and will
cause failover later on.

Any suggestion/solution on how to handle this situation ?
I'm confused. Weren't you talking about \d command?
--
Sorry, now I understand fail over caused by the \d command problem is due to the replicate_select is set. My question now is how to replicate a select function (with insert/update) when replicate_select is disabled. It looks like that we can use 'black_function_list' mentioned in the manual. However, is there an option to apply for all functions, instead of listing all of them under 'black_function_list', just in case there are too many to be listed ? By the way, is there a limit for 'black_function_list' ?

Thanks,
Gary