On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > I had two identical postgres users in my pg_users table. (Why does that
> > keep occurring? I also had to versions of each table I made.)
>
> I would love to know how that happens.  It is pg_dumpall causing it?
> Please try to find out.

I couldn't reproduce it this time, but back with 6.4.2 I think to recall
that it had something to do with duplicate user or maybe group ID's, like
there was a user in the db that was not on the system or some other system
with the same id as the postgres user, I think user 'test' it was that
came out of nowhere.

I am not too sure about how I fixed it, but I am pretty sure it was the
user IDs.

--
Peter Eisentraut
PathWay Computing, Inc.