On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, ZioBudda wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
> >    Run Postgres with TCP/IP disabled (remove -i from start-up options).
>
> Ok, but I must to integrated postgres with PHP3. If I remove -i php3 does
> not works.

   There is no way. Either disable TCP/IP or use HBA. When using TCP/IP + HBA,
Postgres will listen on its TCP/IP port, and telnetting is always possible.
HBA helps to restrict access to databases, but not to TCP/IP port.

   You can try to configure firewall on you host - completeley disable
postgres port for input and output.
   Or ask PHP authors to fix the bug in PHP3 and run without TCP/IP.

> Pensa alla vita: usa le cinture di sicurezza.
> --
> Michel <ZioBudda> Morelli               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                                       http://ziobudda.enter.it
> Italian Linux FAQ                http://ziobudda.enter.it/FAQ/

Oleg.
----