We've enabled logging from our database during development, using the
option -l on the pg_ctl command.  However, we get a lot of useless data:

   NOTICE:  InvalidateSharedInvalid: cache state reset

shows up a lot, and whenever an INSERT statement is executed, we get the
statement as well as all the values.  Is there a way to reduce the
information spewed to the log? Ideally, we'd like to see only ERROR and
DEBUG messages, not NOTICE; for statements, we'd like to see the SQL
code, but have no interest in the values actually applied (some of our
INSERT statements receive 10K of data).

--
Jeff Boes                                             vox 616.226.9550
Database Engineer                                     fax 616.349.9076

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster