On 12 Mar 2002 at 9:18, Stephan Szabo wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
>
> > Hi to all
> >
> > Suppose that I have the function A that use the fucntion B.
> > When I drop and reconstruct B I should also reconstruct A.
> > Can I avoid this ?
> > Is a really problem with hundreds of function around.
>
> If you're using 7.2 you can use create or replace function
> rather than drop function followed by create function.

I just finished updating my SP and RI functions to take advantage of this.
 While doing that I starting thinking about triggers.  Checking the
documentation, I don't see a similar feature for triggers.  I'm guessing
that triggers do not suffer from the same problem as that which prompted
the original post.

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples