"Zuev Dmitry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Consider a function:
> create function f(varchar(10), decimal(10,1)) returns integer as 'select 1;'

There is no distinction between such a function and a function declared
        create function f(varchar, decimal)
Function arguments do not have length restrictions attached to them.

If they did, we couldn't write functions like numeric_add() and
textcat(), but would need an infinite number of variations of these
for each possible input length.

                        regards, tom lane

http://archives.postgresql.org