Laurette Cisneros <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Ok, it reproduced today on my development server.

Boy, it sure looks like everything's just sitting idle waiting for
client input, and hasn't noticed your shutdown request at all.  You
sure you used "-m fast"?  Could you attach to the postmaster and see
what its Shutdown variable contains, and to the backends and see what
the variables manipulated by die() contain?  (InterruptPending,
proc_exit_inprogress, ProcDiePending, ImmediateInterruptOK,
InterruptHoldoffCount, CritSectionCount)

                        regards, tom lane

http://archives.postgresql.org